You thinking I'm finna run?
Just cause you gotta gun?
Does that make you more of a man?
Cause you got the heat in the palm of your hand?
First day back on the job.
The location I am at just got robbed.
Guy walked up to the window.
My female coworker took his order.
Then he pulled out a gun pointed it in her face.
Said give me the cash register in this place.
She ran back to me and said he had a gun.
So I went to go see.
Pointing it down not directly at me he said give me the money.
My heart didn't race and I wasn't scared.
I was at peace.
My first thought was I hope he doesn't shoot that gun.
While also the safety of my coworker and myself.
I looked at the robber he looked so desperate.
But how can you make up for the trauma you just been through?
Seeing my coworker scared to death and didn't know what to do.
Robberies don't make you rough.
Killing someone doesn't make you tough.
When you go through situations where your life is in danger.
While experiencing it firsthand can't help but get angered.
Maybe I could of done more as a man.
To protect my coworker from this desperate man.
Should I have took his order?
Should I have not given him the money and fought him?
Thoughts of the aftermath running through my mind.
But I know I did the right thing at the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment