Friday, January 18, 2013

Laureate

Why is it a struggle to be obedient?
When you want me to witness the gospel in expedience?
I’m not here to make friends but eternal family members.
I remember I said, “It’s uncomfortable for me when I don’t speak about Christ.”
I have only been able to say that twice.
Why is it so comfortable in the bubble of life?
When everything seems to be going good, because my needs and wants are taking care of is when I’m alright.
Something just doesn’t add up, a lot of people say, 'I'm bold' but I call my bluff.
I’m just like you, seeking to stay lit while the fire consumes every inch of my selfishness and pride also arrogance comes along for the ride.
I’m tired of myself always debating between, should I speak now or later?
When someone could be falling off the peak of death and I’m looking off the cliff yelling below into the darkness, I hope you had Christ before you left!
It’s the flesh that I believe is holding me back because without this cocoon the Spirit within me would be reaching through the pitch black.
I hate my lack and slack of words when someone is perishing I don’t say a single word.
When I got God on my side, what’s holding me from speaking? Maybe cause I start thinking too much.
It’s a trick and it plays very slick like the Devil just told me a lie to steal away my confidence in the Lord. 
Yeah he just hit a lick on me and I didn’t guard against the enemy.
He speaks subtle words but he isn’t a friend to me a rival that’s liable to his actions when God judges this world I know.
It’s a hurdle and I’m not the only one striving to jump it.
Few other fellow believers feel discouraged when they never trumpet.
I’m talking about the spiritual fire that burns away all the quiet, fear, lies, and coward.
Where we are unaware that our lives are in danger just to have another step closer into an everlasting eternal of Christ heir right there.
I know God forgives our shortcomings but witnessing the gospel shouldn’t be one that I’m coming to because I already arrived.
Everyday is an open opportunity to live by and by without worrying about a single young lady or guy who needs to hear the message of the One who died.
Lord I’m laying it all down except the gospel because if I don’t pick up I’ll be falling for the wanna be You.
I’m tired of not witnessing it’s killing me to when everyday is an opportunity to speak the truth without the guilty roof hanging over my head and the roof is cut open so the visual images of me not speaking is playing in my mind like rain drops that keep falling on my head.
Without You Lord I realize I’m dead.
But also, what is faith without works?
So were both laying in our coffin beds.
I need the fear, coward, lies, and quietness in me to be dead and instead replaced with boldness, confidence, and courage like in the Bible what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment