Saturday, January 19, 2013

Adventurer

I thirst for adventure to go somewhere far.
Without worrying about getting there by bus, train or car.
I thirst for adventure it’s unquenchable really.
To go on a long journey to some it might seem silly.

My desire to just get up and leave is still very strong.
Not knowing where I would end up or the places I would see.
It’s always a joy to think about leaving.
Without the thought of a bed or what I’m going to eat every morning through the evening.
To just go and leave this all beyond.
It wouldn’t matter to me I would be fine.
I want to have days where I think..

 Am I going to have enough to pay for a hotel?
When I’m out on the adventure instead of home in my bed.
The movies I seen and the books I read is the air to the fire when adventure is my desire.
To just get up and leave like Bilbo did on the Hobbit.
What’s stopping me from hitting the trail with my walking stick?
I myself am truly stopping me because I start to think all the people I love and how we enjoy each other’s company.
Or I ask myself is this really God’s plan for me?
But I truly want to leave and walk the roads of the world and see all the beauty there is to see.
Like rolling hills, tops of trees with falling different color leaves, tall mountains, green pastures, and flowing rivers where I can look down and see the reflection of me.
It’s my dream to dream of going on an adventure might be some struggles but I’m up for the venture.
And I’m not talking about leaving my mom’s house, having a well paying career, nice neighborhood, and a fine spouse.
I’m seriously talking about leaving just going out and never returning to the comforts of normal life or a house.
A traveler and sojourner by nature to truly experience nature without the low self esteem and discouragement I feel at times of not having the green paper.
I wanna leave and tell the comforts see you later, do me a favor, and get prepared for the caper.
How I desire that this just wouldn’t be words on paper.
Because after watching the Hobbit I honestly despised this normal life I was living it sucked to me seeing what I’m so use to see.
When I could be out at sea watching the pelicans fly over head while endless blue ocean is in front of me.
Not searching for treasure but my heart wants to leave behind the same old endeavors.
I really just want to breathe the fresh air and believe that one day this adventure sickness would be cured then I would be relieved.
Don’t take this as a guilt trip or piety me.
This at times is what I think about I just had to write it out, because it continues to eat away at me.
I enjoy it because I hope this fire won’t die.
Life flashes by and I don’t want to be looking back asking myself.
Why didn’t I just step out the door?
Bye-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment